A US Tourist has Sparked an Online Debate After Sharing a Long List of Things She Doesn't Like in Europe.



By The Giggle:

In just one week, over 4.7 million people watched the first video clip of @thestrawberryannie's which is a two-part video series. After visiting the continent three times, she told the audience, "I used to romanticise Europe, but I feel like I've really been able to see what it's really like." I've thus been able to compile a list of things I find objectionable."


This list is primarily based on a three-week trip I did to Southern Spain, Southern France, and Italy last month," the description says.


While this was not the case in every city or company, it was typical. Although we still enjoy travelling to Europe, I do think that Buc-ee's toilets in the US are great. Continue reading for the full TikToker list.


Lack of Condiments:


She started by complaining about the dearth of condiments. "I feel like Americans are very saucy people; we have dips or sauces that go with everything; they come with the meal," the speaker remarked. They don't have that over there, so when I ordered calamari, for instance, it was served dry and without any cocktail sauce, tartar sauce, or even a lemon wedge. 


"The food there is so dry that you have to pay extra for the sauce."


"No calamari sauce is insane," one American commenter continued. If I had to live there forever, I would cry, especially without ice and Dr. Pepper."



Not using shower curtains:


The TikToker then expressed dissatisfaction with the absence of shower curtains, saying, "It appeared as though everything had glass walls, but only half of the bathtubs and showers with glass walls." It wasn't really pleasant, and you just felt like there would be water everywhere.``


In the comments, however, individuals were eager to refute this claim. One person said, "Glass walls are much better than curtains."


No wash towels:


She went on, "I had to use my bare hands to exfoliate because I couldn't do it in the shower. Which is okay, but not really, because I wanted to cleanse my skin at the end of the day and I was wearing a lot of sunscreen when I was there. They did not provide you with washcloths; instead, they gave you a hand towel and a body towel.


This point startled viewers, who said, "You wanted a public washcloth!?!" as well "Real question: I'd rather die than use a hotel washcloth, even if it was washed between two guests, is this a normal thing in the United States?"


Not a free refill or free water:


"Then we didn't have free water or free refills in restaurants," the TikToker stated. I miss the huge glasses of cold water that are served in restaurants so much since I spent so much money on water."





"Many of these items are available in Europe... you just need to know what to ask for," a commenter wrote. You have to ask for tap water in most of the countries in Northern Europe." "Wait, there's no free water?," said another. In most of Europe, we actually drink tap water, and it's excellent and safe."


No free public lavatories:


She went on to say, "I always went to the restroom every time we went to a restaurant because there are also no free public restrooms; you have to use the restroom somewhere you've bought something." It isn't true that the loo should be attractive since you are in an establishment and are purchasing anything.


Not true—even the restrooms that require payment are filthy. In Spain, France, and Italy, this was the situation. Germany has slightly improved its lavatory situation, but those facilities are still filthy."



No Toilet seats:


She went on to say, "I had to either stoop down or sit on the bare edge of the toilet because there were no seats on the toilets. I didn't enjoy it.


"I'm sorry, no toilet seats?" is a comment made by viewers. as well as "I found public restrooms in Austria and Germany very clean, but I was still shocked to have to pay for them."


"I was once in Pompeii, and the toilet was just a hole in the ground," commented another commenter.



Vending machines and free hotel breakfast are absent:


"The complimentary hotel breakfast is also terrible; you have to pay extra for that," she went on. Not your typical continental. Additionally, there were no vending machines in the motels, so good luck if you're looking for a clandestine late-night snack."


"Hotel breakfasts actually have good food instead of powdered eggs," one commenter stated. It is unquestionably worth the price."



Long, flat pillows:


The TikToker continued by saying that she didn't like the pillows: "Long, flat pillows are also found in hotels. They were covered like the whole bed, not fluffy. It was strange since they were so long and flat that I was without a pillow. Sorry, was it offensive? It was different, but not strange."


Twins pushed their big beds together. 


She went on to say: "Large beds for couples like these are just pushed-together twins, so if you want to cuddle, one of you will be lying in the gap." "You're going to be in the crack of the bed." The bed has just linens on it.



The absence of a duvet was the last issue guests had with the hotel rooms.


She explained to the audience, "So, during the first week of our stay, we thought they simply didn't have duvets or comforters, but then we realised they just don't make the bed for you."


"The duvet is like in a closet somewhere; you have to find it and make it yourself, that's all I suppose."



Glasses Without Handles:


After that, she spoke about the drinks: "They served hot coffee in handleless glasses."

"When we were in Spain, we used to have coffee and churros at this churro restaurant, and they served them in a handleless cup."

"So, because that stupid glass was on fire, we were unable to consume it until it had cooled. It was really warm."



Cocktails with two enormous straws.


The American was also unimpressed with the alcoholic beverages: "Plus, they serve two giant straws in cocktails, whereas in America, we use short black straws, two of them." "I found it funny that they use two enormous straws because I wonder if I'm supposed to drink with both of them?" If so, I'm going to drink that extremely rapidly. Alternatively, is it simply decorative, in which case, why are the straws so large? I simply don't get it."


Shopping bags are an expense.


arguing that "nothing is free," she said, "Shopping bags cost money, so if you're a tourist and you don't have a bag with you and you're just out for a walk, you'll just have to pay for a bag or carry everything you buy because nothing is free."


"Nothing is free over there; don't think for a second that it will be because it's not."


The fries taste awful.

The fries' quality is the next item on the list.


She continued, "The fries are really bad; they're barely golden, not even crispy, a bit soggy."


"I think we had one good French fry restaurant during our whole stay; it was quite disappointing."



Lemonade is "sweet carbonated water.


"Lemonade is just sweet carbonated water, so literally carbonated water is like a packet of sugar, and you squeeze a lime wedge into it, and that's your lemonade," the traveller explained, expressing confusion about lemonade in Europe as well. I'm hoping you enjoy it.




Complete list of what an American Tourist said she doesn't like in Europe:



Lack of Condiments.

Not even shower curtains.

No washcloths.

No free refills or water.

Public bathrooms are not free.

chairs on toilets missing.

Not included in hotel breakfasts.

Absent vending machines.

long, flat cushions. 

Twins are pressed together in large beds.

The bed has just linens on it.

Handleless cups of hot coffee.

Cocktails with enormous straws.

Shopping bags are an expense.

The fries taste awful.

 lemonade is "sweet carbonated water.

There are only two sides: salad and fries.

Small water cups.

No Hair Conditioner.



There are only two sides: salad and fries.


There weren't many meal options, she added, saying that the only sides available were salad and fries. I was wondering if I could have macaroni and cheese, broccoli, or anything else as a side because I was so sick of bad fries.


"Even their salads are not extra, like we make our salad so extra here with all the toppings." "Their salad is like green vegetables and oil and vinegar dressing, and that's it, that's what you eat."



Small water glasses.


She griped about how "small water glasses" "got old so fast." The TikToker said, "Water is so expensive that there are no free refills, so you just drink this water in this tiny teacup."

"I was so thirsty, I couldn't hydrate, no matter how much water I drank, it wouldn't hydrate me." "There's something in this water, but it's not getting into the veins, I don't know."


No hair conditioner.


The absence of hair conditioner was her final gripe about Europe.

She stated to viewers, "I guess they just don't believe in hair conditioners; all the hotels we stayed in didn't have conditioners."


"It was either body wash and shampoo or a mix of body wash and shampoo, no visible conditioner anywhere - hair is dry, that's it."



At the end of her video, she clarified, "There are many things I liked too, but we got so homesick because we were away for so long that we ended up making a list of all the things we noticed were different from home."

But the video spurred a discussion in the comments, with Americans agreeing with the TikToker's viewpoint and Europeans defending their nations.


Will update "and "This list is absolutely fake" were among the comments left by viewers. "I mean, I'm just on the third item on your list, and they're all erroneous thus far." Others said, "This is such a tourist's perspective on Europe" as well as "I'm at 5 points, and I already know that everything is wrong."


SHARE OR COMMENT ON THIS ARTICLE: A US Tourist has Sparked an Online Debate After Sharing a Long List of Things She Doesn't Like in Europe.

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My wedding will be alcohol-free, and I kindly request that those who cannot enjoy the event without alcohol refrain from attending.

We won't see each other again after we're gone," Arnold Schwarzenegger feels that Heaven is a "fantasy"

Tesla drivers left stranded due to freezing temperatures causing charging stations to malfunction