A lady who 'Died' for 24 minutes reveals her encounters and sensations during a near-death incident

A lady who 'Died' for 24 minutes reveals her encounters and sensations during a near-death incident


A woman who ‘died for 24 minutes’ has revealed exactly what happened, what she saw, and what she felt, even revealing that she missed the sense of peace it brought.


Image: Lauren Canaday/Substack


Many people believe that life passes before their eyes and there is a bright light that beckons them forward. This is a common image in movies, but the reality of a near-death experience can be very different.


There have been a number of documented cases of people being brought back from the dead, known as the ‘Lazarus effect’ or ‘autoresuscitation’. 


People who are declared dead from heart attacks suddenly show signs of life within 10 minutes after CPR has stopped.


You may find the Reddit post here.


This is a very rare phenomenon, and doctors still don't understand why some people appear to have come back from the dead. Most of those who experience this do not live long after ‘returning’.


The Cleveland Clinic reports that only 18 people have recovered from the Lazarus effect between 1982 and 2018.


Lauren Canaday ‘died’ for 24 minutes after experiencing sudden cardiac arrest in her home.


Her husband called 911, and EMTs resuscitated her for 24 minutes. After spending 9 days in the ICU, she was pronounced brain healthy and showed no signs of brain damage on the MRI scans when she was admitted to the hospital.


Lauren's husband performed CPR on her for four minutes before the emergency services arrived. They continued CPR for 20 minutes until her heart began to beat again.


Related: We won't see each other again after we're gone," Arnold Schwarzenegger feels that Heaven is a "fantasy"


She woke up two days later in a coma. She was confused about why she was intubated, and had trouble remembering the week before or the majority of the time she had been in ICU, and was confused about about a month before.


I recall only a sense of extreme serenity that I truly miss! This serenity remained with me for several weeks after I woke up. I do not know when I began to comprehend the year and respond to neuro questions correctly, but I believe it was several days.


I seem to have completely forgotten why I was at the hospital, as I was told. I did not see any light or tunnel during this time, but I felt a deep sense of serenity. I often return to the place on the office floor where this happened when I am stressed out. 


I am no longer afraid of death, even though I do not see any distinct signs of death. 


I think there's a really thin line separating life and death, and even though I appreciate the moments I spend with my loved ones, I no longer have any fear of dying.I am more concerned about the pain that many people experience in life.


"... I feel like my first life ended in February and I awoke to my second life," she continued. People assume I'm better because I can walk and even hike again (although slowly), and they may not realize I have a defibrillator in my body or anything. 


But when people tell me I look better/better, it's strange since I don't feel like the same person and I'm always aware of the experience."


Lauren has written a book about her experiences called Independence Ave: How Individualism Killed Me and Community Saved Me. 


For this article, an AI tool was employed to add another layer to the editing process.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My wedding will be alcohol-free, and I kindly request that those who cannot enjoy the event without alcohol refrain from attending.

We won't see each other again after we're gone," Arnold Schwarzenegger feels that Heaven is a "fantasy"

Tesla drivers left stranded due to freezing temperatures causing charging stations to malfunction