My wedding will be alcohol-free, and I kindly request that those who cannot enjoy the event without alcohol refrain from attending.

My wedding will be alcohol-free, and I kindly request that those who cannot enjoy the event without alcohol refrain from attending.


Provided by freepik.com


By The Giggle: 


When a user declared that there would be no alcohol at the reception, she got into a violent dispute with one of the attendees at her wedding. She decided to post on Reddit to get feedback from the users


A woman used Reddit to talk about why she decided against having alcohol at her wedding and the disagreement she had with a guest who was upset about it.


Reddit users who voted for u/Mammoth-Middle2910 on the Reddit platform praised her for "not [being] the a**hole" after she clarified the controversy surrounding her marriage.


The user, who identifies as a 25-year-old woman who is engaged to be married in a few months, stated that she and her fiancé had arguments with their guests after they decided to serve no alcohol at their wedding, an unusual decision.


Provided by freepik.com


The couple said in their invites that they do not drink and that they did not want any of the guests to drink at their wedding celebration.


The lady posted on Reddit, "I (25F) am getting married. Since my fiancé, who is 25 years old, and I don't drink, we decided against having an alcoholic wedding."


She continued, saying, "We debated obtaining a cash bar but ultimately decided against serving alcohol at all. (A variety of drinks other than soda and juice will be available.



We sent out invitations informing our guests that they wouldn't need to worry about selecting a driver or paying for a taxi because everyone would be able to drive."


Related: "Devastated" couple loses £22,000 when wedding guests don't show up


But one of her companions, a male she said was 26 years old, lost it at their choice, declaring he "wouldn't be able to function" without booze.


"So a friend (26M) called me and asked if I was joking about the dry wedding," the soon-to-be bride-to-be clarified. I rejected it.


I continued to deny making jokes even after he asked twice. Then he inquired as to what was wrong with me, how he was meant to enjoy himself without booze, and how he was supposed to spend that evening.


Additionally, that selecting a dry wedding was inappropriate."


Her behaviour towards her irritated buddy and the ensuing disagreement were what made her decide to bring the matter to the public's attention and get feedback from others.


In her letter, the woman expressed fear that she might have been the "a*****e" for suggesting to her buddy that he might be addicted to something and for turning down his request for booze.


Read More: I'm a bartender - stop assuming that asking for drinks with no ice will get you more alcohol


The statement further added that it is possible that I may have acted inconsiderately by informing him that my refusal to provide him with alcohol does not imply that he cannot enjoy himself without it.



And that he might be experiencing an alcohol issue and should think about getting treatment if he wants alcohol so strongly and finds it impossible to operate without it for even one night among people he knows."


After receiving an angry response from her friend, she and her pals discussed whether or not she had handled the situation fairly. The future bride claimed, "I declined his invitation until he apologised for using so many derogatory remarks about me.


There is a difference of opinion among our friends about me being the one at fault, causing him to lose his composure. Some say that I was on point, while others disagree. So, Reddit.


Following numerous suggestions that the couple could have included a cash bar at their reception so that guests could pay for their own alcohol, she stated in a later update: We deliberated on the idea of having a cash bar, but ultimately decided against it due to the associated fee for its operation.


We are not inclined to cover the expenses for alcoholic beverages.


After a heated discussion, the woman received the majority of Reddit votes, criticising the normalisation of alcohol drinking at social events. The person with the most votes for their response stated: "NTA.


I find it quite strange that so many people appear to believe you are at fault in this situation. Alcohol culture is so normalised and hazardous. You should make the decision because it's your wedding and your money."


​"And yes, if someone can't go an evening without having a drink, they probably have a problem," they continued.It hurts to have someone call you out if you're an active addict, but it doesn't mean you're a bad person.



I can speak from my experience when I say that I wish more individuals had challenged or shown concern for me regarding my daily alcohol use."


Share Or Comment on this Article: My wedding will be alcohol-free, and I kindly request that those who cannot enjoy the event without alcohol refrain from attending.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

We won't see each other again after we're gone," Arnold Schwarzenegger feels that Heaven is a "fantasy"

Tesla drivers left stranded due to freezing temperatures causing charging stations to malfunction